Suspect in Washington mall shooting found dead

Suspect in Washington mall shooting found dead

A man accused of killing five people at a Washington state mall past year was found dead in his jail cell Sunday.

Jail personnel found Arcan Cetin unresponsive Sunday evening and began multiple lifesaving measures, including CPR, but were unable to revive him, according to a news release from the Snohomish County Sheriff's Office.

It was not immediately clear how Cetin died.

Cetin's death hasn't yet officially been ruled a suicide, Kaholokula said, but authorities believe it was. Watch with us on TV or use this link for the KIRO 7 newscast livestream.

According to charging documents, witnesses at the Cascade Mall in Burlington saw Cetin remove a rifle from the trunk of his blue four-door sedan, which was reported as either a Kia or a Hyundai. Cetin appeared to have hung himself. He was charged with five counts of first-degree murder and was facing life in prison and was awaiting a mental evaluation before his case moved forward.

This video image provided by Skagit County Department of Emergency Management shows a suspect wanted by the authorities regarding a shooting at the Cascade Mall in Burlington, Wash., Friday, Sept. 23, 2016.

Cetin attempted suicide by swallowing medication in November 2015, at which time mental-health evaluators ranked him as at serious risk for self-harm, court records show. Police later learned from Cetin's father that he drove a blue Chevrolet Cavalier.

Cetin admitted in interviews with investigators to the killing spree at the Cascade shopping mall but gave no motive. He shoots a teenage girl near a clothing rack in Macy's.

After learning of Cetin's death, the family of victim Chuck Eagan, a Boeing maintenance worker shot trying to protect his wife, said in a statement to the Skagit Valley Herald they were shocked.

Police said Cetin placed the rifle on top of the cosmetics counter, exited the Macy's store through the west entrance and got into his vehicle.